Direct Primary Care & You
You can find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below. If you would like more information, please call our practice administrator, Denyce at 973-663-8899
Care the way it was meant to be
What is DPC?
The direct primary care model is an exciting and rapidly growing way to provide primary care without unnecessary and costly interference from health insurance companies.
With direct primary care, I keep my practice small in order to provide you with highly accessible, personalized care when and where you need it. It’s like having your doctor available at the touch of a button. My focus on ensuring a strong and satisfying doctor-patient relationship is the key to helping you stay healthy.
In fact, it’s the way I’ve always wanted to practice medicine, and what I envisioned when I chose family medicine as a career. I couldn’t be more excited to provide you with the care you deserve!
Membership Benefits Include
Better Access & Communication
Morris Sussex Direct Family Practice offers patients unlimited office visits, personal communication via phone, e-mail, text, and much more.
Morris Sussex Direct Family Practice does not accept insurance so you won’t have a middle-man in your primary care. Decisions about your healthcare will be made by you and Dr. Lucatorto, without the impersonal management that inevitably comes from third-party payers. Instead, patients pay a monthly membership fee which can save money and lead to better treatment.
Did you know that most Primary Care Physicians have between 2,500-3,500 patients? Dr. Lucatorto will limit his practice to hundreds patients. This means that he can spend more time with you when you need him. It also means that when he is not actively seeing a patient, he is able to coordinate your care and research the latest advances in treatments. Your well-being is Dr. Lucatorto’s priority, and the reason for why he does what he does.
No co-pays or deductibles, and discounted labs and imaging.
The Primary Care Services You Expect
With a focus on prevention, lifestyle modifications,
screening and wellness, and including:
* Child wellness visits
* Adult health maintenance visits to review lifestyle and recommended screenings, such as dermatology and cardiovascular risk assessments
* Women’s health care - including cancer screening
* Men’s health care – including managing low testosterone and
* Advocacy – navigate and coordinate your care in a complex system
* Sick visits for everything from ingrown acne to pneumonia
* Complex care management for chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension
* Preoperative and work physicals with EKG testing when appropriate –
at no additional charge
* Camp and sports physicals
* Skin procedures such as cyst drainage, mole biopsies and removal
* Orthopedic procedures, including injections for painful knees and shoulders
* Prompt prescription renewals and follow-up on labs and test results